Thorne's Calcium-Magnesium Malate is a convenient way to support bone and muscle health. The easy-to-consume calcium and magnesium supplement is in an optimally absorbed form, so the minerals can get to work right away.
Magnesium and calcium work together in muscle cells – magnesium causes muscle fibers to relax, while calcium causes them to contract. And because the heart is a muscle these minerals are both important to help maintain normal hearth rhythm.
How much magnesium and calcium do you need? The appropriate intake ratio of calcium to magnesium varies, with some scientific literature supporting a 2:1 ratio (twice as much calcium as magnesium), with other experts recommending a 1:1 ratio. Thorne’s Calcium-Magnesium Malate provides a 1:1 ratio.
Why is calcium important?
• Studies on calcium and bone mass show that daily supplementation of a well-absorbed form of calcium promotes bone mass in adolescents, young adults, older men, and postmenopausal women.
Why is magnesium important?
• Magnesium is crucial for the body to function properly because it is involved in more than 600 of the body's enzymatic reactions.
• Magnesium is essential to help maintain a healthy heart and blood vessels, for brain, bone, muscle, and lung health, and for healthy levels of blood sugar.
• Magnesium relaxes smooth and skeletal muscle.
• Magnesium and enzymes are cofactors needed to produce cellular energy.